Stock Photo: Fountain of the Pantheon, Piazza della Rotonda, Rome, Italy. Fountain of the Pantheon, was commissioned by Pope Gregory XIII in front of the Roman Pantheon. It was designed by Giacomo Della Porta in 1575 and sculpted out of marble by Leonardo Sormani. The original marble figures were removed, and replaced with copies by Luigi Amici. Today, the originals can be seen in the Museum of Rome. Piazza della Rotonda, Rome, Italy.